Come on! The world is changing so fast, how is the age-old concept of vision continue to earn itself air time?
Visions point us towards somewhere important. Visions serve a purpose – no more, no less.
Three purposes for visions include:
- To continue to reinforce an organization’s direction, intending to excite followers through providing hope. This provides direction for the journey ahead.
- To act as a filter for decision-making. How will this decision help (or hinder) progress towards the vision?
- To show levels of progress along the journey. It is always motivating to see how far a project or person has come.
- How have you captured ‘emotional buy-in’ into your vision’s story?
- Is the ‘talk’ of your vision embedded into your ‘walk’ of the organization?
- What is required prior to this to ensure its alignment in the organization?